Friday, July 4, 2014

A Big "Howdy" !

Happy 4th of July, America!!!     

     Having saluted the birth of our nation, I want to share this card which has absolutely nothing to do with 4th of July, patriotism, or the US of A.  But check in tomorrow -- you'll find out that I am a patriot.  :-D  

     I love this image from Sassy Cheryl's.  She looks like she's ready to welcome the whole world with a Big Texas Howdy!


     I started by coloring her hair and then let the image sit for a day on my crafting table until I could decide what color combo I was going to use.  She has a definite "tomboy" look with her sweet puppy by her side but despite that, I decided to pair her with a "girly" pink and yellow combo.  I liked the contrast.  She's colored with ProMarkers, then cut with one of my hexagon dies which has delightful embossing all the way around the edges.  I added some distress ink.

     Next I tried to decide on a sketch that might work but didn't find anything I really liked.  I found some CS I liked for the card base and played around with whether the card should be square or an A2 card.  Since I couldn't decide right then, I set it aside, then picked it up again the next morning.  Finally, I decided on A2.

     I adhered the image to the card base and then started playing with various embellishments.  Without adhering anything, I laid on different flowers, bows, ribbons, lace, pearls, swirls, gems, etc., all in different arrangements varying from lots to only a few.  Nothing felt right.  Frustration is beginning to settle in.  I can do cards in as little as 20 minutes (not counting coloring) but I'd been fussing with this one for 2 days now!

     Suddenly, I could "hear" my friend, Lynn (Creative Crafts by Lynn), who lives in Texas and can give a Big Texas Howdy to any of y'all at any time, saying, "Add a string and just git 'er done!"  Since Lynn is a Queen of CAS and I really envy her abilities in that arena, I decided to follow that advice.  I tied on a bit of golden jute cord, printed out that sentiment (in honor of Lynn), slapped it on and it was done.  It looked and felt complete and I was proud of it.

     Hey, Lynn, I gotta listen to you more often.  :-D

     Challenges:
Animal Friends
Come and Get It
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Creative Craft Cottage
Cutie Pie
Ditzie Digi Designs
Fantastic Tuesday
Hobbycutz
Lia Stampz
Melonheadz Friends
Sentimental Sundays

     I hope you're having a fantastic Friday, a wonderful 4th of July for those of us in the USA, and that you will have some time this weekend for creating and crafting.  Be safe and sane this 4th.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

  1. NC it's gorgeous, that image is so sweet and I love the sentiment lol a good old Texas Howdy :). Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gret, fun card Connie. Nice coloring and I love the sentiment. Happy 4th to you. We are expecting some big rains which will be a part of Hurricane Arthur that is coming up the coast as we speak. I don't think we are getting winds or anything like that, just 2-4 inches of rain. I do hope you are expecting nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sassy Cheryl's images too. She is one of my Top 5. Your card is adorable and the coloring delicious...yup...yummy good! Happy July 4th

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image beautifully coloured! Have a very happy 4th of July!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too cute....I know Lynn will love the big "Howdy".
    Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card with beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing with us a the Come and Get It challenge. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and love the image and sentiment. Happy 4th of July my dear friend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!! And a big Texas "howdy" right back at ya!!! Love the way you slapped it on the card (just like me) too! So cute and can't think of a better sentiment. CAS and just plain fantastic!!!! Nothing better than those "git er done" cards!
    Hugs and thanks for the shout out!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card with such a sweet image. Thank you for sharing at CFTH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NanaConnie,
    What a darling card. I love Sassy Cheryl's images and this one is adorable. Great coloring and color palette. I just love the hexagon die you used. I've never seen one with embossing like that before. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just darling! Loving the die you used- and great to follow Lynn's advise- just get 'er done- CAS is fab on this card- & loving the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi NC and what a lovely card hun - thanks so much for linking up at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi NanaConnie

    Your card is lovely, love the Big HOWDY image, you have coloured it in so well.

    Thank you for joining in with the Hobbycutz challenge this week

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card and very cute image. Thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute!!! She looks like quite a character.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute image! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just adorable NanaC! I love the image & the colour combo is perfect with it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet card, Connie! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just adorable Connie Hope you had a nice Holiday. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just a lovely card and so glad you joined us at CRAFTY SENTIMENTS hope you will come back again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great creation! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments. We hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey NC! Great work on this cute image. So happy to see you playing this week at Crafty Sentiments:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.