Saturday, June 7, 2014

Trying for Angelic

     The image on my Open-Minded Crafting Fun DT card today reminds me of an oft repeated mantra from my mother as she would send me out to play in a world full of brothers and boys. "Do try to be an angel!"  Somehow, I never made it to "Angel" status, always coming home a dirty, scruffy, hair-tangled, banged up elbows & knees (and sometimes nose) tomboy!  Ah, well, childhood was fun.  :-D

     Our new challenge starts today (theme is "Something with Wings") and we have 4 marvelous sponsors:  AuroraWings, Flat Friends, Kenny K, and QKR Stampede.  I'm playing with "Angel" from Flat Friends.  Each of the sponsors provided images for the team members to use during this fortnight.


     This is a two layer card, done in a CAS style.  The image is printed directly onto the card stock used to make the card.  It took a couple of tries to get it laid out exactly where I wanted but I used plain copier paper to make the adjustments, then printed it onto white CS once I knew it was where it needed to be for the card fold.

     I colored the angel with ProMarkers and added glitter to her wings.  The blue sparkle paper is die cut and the outside portion then is cut to A2 size and applied on top of the card front to frame the image.  I decided, in the interests of a CAS design, that the ribbon would be the only embellishment.  It's wrapped around the card front and tied, with the ends trimmed to size.

     Challenges:
4 Krafty Girls -- A/G
A Creative Romance -- A/G
Crafty Catz -- Inspired by a Song (Angel on My Shoulder)
Creative Moments -- A/G or monochromatic
Digitally Sweet -- All for Girls
Jo's Scrap Shack -- A/G
Outlawz Alcohol Markers -- Inspired by Song, Book or Movie (Angel on My Shoulder)
Outlawz Twisted Thursday -- A/G w/ Feminine twist
Sister Act -- A/G
Stampin' w/ the Dragon -- Clean & Simple

     Dig through your collection of stamps (rubber or digi), find something that has wings, and then come play along in our fun challenge.  Remember, with 4 sponsors offering prizes you have the odds on your side to win.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

28 comments:

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Soooo beautiful! Love the sparkle of her wings.

Aluna said...

I love glitter background and wings - so beautiful :) hugs, Joanna - DT Sis :)

Donna Hanley said...

The way you tell this story I can almost hear your Mothers saying that and I didn't even know her. That means you tell a great story, Connie, as well as make great cards. This is just darling and I adore the paper you used here. Enjoy your weekend.

jimlynn said...

You may have not made the angel status growing up - but you made up for it with this cute card! Precious! Love the way you framed her out just in the right spot. Super cute and pretty.
(Not to worry - I never even came close to the angel status growing up either!)
Lynn

Jo said...

Nope, I never made it to angel status either NanaConnie.....but you sure have with your card, she's so sweet! Love her sparkly wings too!
hugs Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

your Mother could have been talking about my youngest grandaughter(5yrs)goes to school all clean and perfect hair comes home filthy and hair all over the place-a perfect tomboy lol -love your CAS card and beautiful image love her sparkly wings and the sentiment-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

cass said...

Beautiful Inspiration for the challenge at Open Minded this fortnight.

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a great story and your card is so cute.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Connie thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

Tonnie Deijkers said...

beautiful thanks for joining us sister act this week and good luck
hugs Tonnie

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wonderful! Love her wings!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Asha said...

Beautiful.... and so very sweet! No worries about the visiting. I'm caught in a roller coaster of craziness too!
hugs, Asha

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Morning NC fabulous card hun hope your summer is going well hugs Judith x

Sharla said...

Love her glittered wings! Such a pretty card!

Joann Burton said...

This is just the most adorable angel. I love those wings....Hugs, joann

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and love the fabulous image and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A said...

What a fun card love the image.
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges!

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer my question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Dawn Lancaster said...

Oh, my but she's pretty! I love all the glitter too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Mad Moose said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

annie sharland said...

gorgeous card love it....I have had to close down Memories to Keep due to hackers into my google account... you will have to rejoin and join up in the candy again if you wish to...cheers, aNNie..
The Journey is the Start

Scrapcat 1 said...

Such a pretty card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this time and we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

Eileen Dobson said...

Such a cute card, thanks for playing along with us over at Creative Moments.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful image and love the sparkle!
hugs
Glenda

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cazzy said...

This is such a pretty card, and it has sparkles, it would be perfect to enter our current challenge (ending tomorrow) at Quirky Crafts. Cazzy x - on behalf of   the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.
ps we allow some backdating!

Marleen Gallagher said...

A lovely project. Thank you for joining us over on Stamping with the Dragon.
Marleen DTL xx

Linda said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes Birthday challenge and blog hop at A Creative Romance :) xx