Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Picnics and Camping

     Did you know that campouts are really just extended picnics?  Or maybe it's that a picnic is just a very brief campout.  Either way, they both involve a trip outside, something that seems to be lacking in this day and age of computers, blogs, GameBoys, Nintendos, I-Pads, Kindles, and all our other uber electronics.  Even when we do get outside, most of our picnics or campouts still include a smart phone filled with games, e-mail, and text messages.  When was the last time you really got away from it all without taking it all with you?

     Maybe this new "Great Outdoors" set from Deedee's Digis will inspire you.  :-D  I love the sentiment, especially with the double meaning of a possible cat box.  lol


     All the Great Outdoors set needs is a picnic basket and few ants.  :-D  Very simple card with no real explanation needed.  Besides, I'm tired from writing and scheduling posts and need a break so this post will be really short.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create -- A/G
Addicted to Stamps -- Outdoors
Animal Friends -- Hobbies (camping)
Aud Sentiments -- Any sentiment for a guy
Brown Sugar -- Summer
Delightful Challenges -- Tickled pink
Digi Haven -- Picnic (If my explanation above doesn't count, please remove my entry.)
Paper Shelter -- Summer
Sentimental Sundays -- Animals
Time Out -- Summer w/ optional twist of flowers (mine are in the dp, with the card carefully designed so they would show.)

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Here's a photo of the entire set.  

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful image and love your card. We should all get outdoor more often, it is after all a great and wonderful world out there!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh this is soooo cute!!! Love that set. And that sentiment is totally awesome. Of course, I go camping as you know... but yes I do bring the box so that I can continue to blog and post...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! I love this CAS card Connie! The way you did the twine stuff is so cool looking too. Very nice!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute cute card! Love this image! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our "summer time" challenge this week! Hope to see more of your art work in our upcoming challenges!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right- I have my phone with me everywhere. WE went to my parents a few weeks ago, and I left my computer at home, but was checking my emails and Facebook on it....kinda cheating! LOVE the sweet image and the cording with wrapped paper is a cool accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. das ist ja auch eine Klasse Karte :D
    Cool!!

    Danke das Du bei den AF mitmachst

    liebe Grüße
    Sterneng

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card . Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sentiment made me giggle! And so pleased you designed the card so we could see the flowers! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! I love that cat in the tent. So cute. I'll check with our team to see if this is a picnic for our challenge. You won't have to remove it though if they rule that it's not, just won't be eligible for the prize and top three. But it a really cute card and thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card and a very sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card, I love the image & the sentiment! Chasing my tail catching up on comments after my weekend away!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWE NC this is giving me a lovely smile and great memories, super card hun, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is stunning.... great

    Thanks for joining us at Animal Friends Challenge
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card with a fun image and a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card and sentiment. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow was für ein wundervolles Werk. Ich bin begeistert.
    Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei Animal Friends
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card! Great sentiment, too. Thanks for stopping by our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Die ist wundervoll großartig geworden.
    Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei Animal Friends
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.