Sunday, June 15, 2014

One More For Dad

     Here's yet another card for a special man, this time using an image from "Fred, She Said."  I love this old pick up.


     I remember a cousin who had a pick up very similar to this and it was just about that color of blue.  It was his first "car" and it rattled loudly since it was already well used when he got it but it was his first and he was so proud of it.   I'm sure this digi must be based on his old truck because it has a yellow license plate just like he had on his!  His plate didn't say "CLNKER" but it should have.  Of course, that was back before personalized plates were available in California.  :-D

     This is very simple -- the image is die cut with a die I borrowed; the twine was in my stash, the card base is made from new CS I just got the other day, and I kept it all very CAS.

     Challenges:
Bearly Mine -- One for the boys
Crafts Galore Encore -- A/G
Creative Corner -- Just for the boys
Creative Moments -- A/G or Monochromatic
Country View -- Only men allowed
Die Cut Divas -- His or hers + colors
DL.ART -- Masculine
Dream It Up -- Old, New, Borrowed, Blue
Friends of Speedy Fox -- Colors: Lt blue/ yellow/ tan
Jo's Scrap Shack -- I love you, Dad
Pattie's Creations -- Father's Day
Word Art Weds. -- A/G

     HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there.  If you still have yours, give him a special hug -- just because.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Another fabulous male card NC, just perfect, I am so glad fathers day is here and no more male cards until July now, LOL..hugs hun xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is a great image and your card is beautiful.
Blessings on your Sunday,
Teresa

Donna Hanley said...

I love, love, love this image and use it a lot. Another for our Dad's, Connie. Have a fun day.

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, I love the car as would my Dad!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

CAS and wonderful! Of course I love that image too. Love your card.
Lynn

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Thank you for joining our old and blue challenge at Dreamweaver Stencils! BEAUTIFUL creation!

Stampsnob said...

Thanks you for sharing at Marks Finest Papers This card is lovely.......Lis

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Love the truck. This is so creative, especially the color combo and layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. God Bless You!
Carole Robb Bisson

Arlene said...

Just love that car! I see everyone does. Beautiful.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

shampylou30 said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a wonderful CAS design.
Thank you for joining us for our 'One for the Boys' Challenge at Bearly Mine Designs this month.
Pauline
x

Sandi said...

Thanks for playing in our "Father's Day OR Wedding" Challenge #94!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great masculine card. The vintage truck is such a great image and you have colored it so well.

I'm happy you could play along with us in the Dreamweaver Stencils challenge for June.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love. love this card, the old 'clinker' is a marvellous image and love your CAS design!
hugs
Glenda

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Fabulous card!!!! love that image and great story :)

Dawn Lancaster said...

Great card NanaC! I love the image & it's beautifully coloured too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

DIANA L. said...

Super CAS card I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this month of “One for the boys”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation for our challenge this month at BMD...good luck in the draw..
cheers, ♥aNNie
{Bearly Mine DT Member}

with out my DT hat on, I have had to start a new blog due to a hacker into my google account...I have joined your blog and invite you over to join mine and my challenge which is sponsored by three lovely artists...aNNie
The Journey is the Start


Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous card, LOVE that car!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Countryview Challenges!!

Jo said...

I love this image, such fun to colour. Perfect CAS card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamped image or a digi stamp Challenge#6. Jo x