Saturday, June 28, 2014

Let Them Eat Popcorn!

     Today's card uses a really fun image from Lacy Sunshine, which  is celebrating the birthday of Eleanor and Pickles, the characters in this image.  I just love the whole "movie night" theme, with Pickles deep into the popcorn (literally!)  For those of you not familiar, Pickles is a frog.


I started with a sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

      The image is colored with ProMarkers and die cut.  I used distress ink on the edges of the die cut.  The flower is made from velvet ribbon and the other flower petals are cut from felt.  The background is dry embossed and colored with the chisel tip of a ProMarker. The ribbon is stitched and wrapped around the card front.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Add a Little Dazzle
City Crafter
Just Inspirational
Paper Pretties
Party Time Tuesdays
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Through the Craft Room Door

     I hope your weekend has gotten off to a great start.  We're going to be really hot here for the next week so I'm going to hide away in my craft room with the air conditioning running full blast and just enjoy creating.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I love the background on this it looks gorgeous. Beautiful image and fabulous interpretation of the sketch too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie love your card the image is so cute. Love Alison xx

jimlynn said...

Pickles is a cute as a button! I really don't want to hear anything about pickles though since I just spent the last three hours canning pickles.....and not the frog either! LOL!

Love your card Connie! So cute and I even see some blue!! YEA!

Stay cool.

Lynn

Kathy S said...

Can't say I've see a background like that with promarkers. Looks really cool. I like your image too. Thanks for stopping by at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Please join us again soon.

Anne Fenton said...

Love your Lacy Sunshine image, thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Donna Hanley said...

Those glasses and that hairdo just make me laugh. Love this one, Connie.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Super cute, great coloring and love the grosgrain ribbon with the stitching.
Hugs,
Teresa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image : ) I LOVE Popcorn- and really enjoy your movie night scene here : )

Dora said...

beautiful card!
thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "embossing” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love the embossed & coloured background NanaC! The image is just too cute too! Great work as always my friend!
Hugs
Dawn xx

sian said...

What a great card, so fun. Thank you for entering with us over at JIC this week, I hope you will join us again next week (Tue new challenges start) and also for our monthly challenge which also starts on Tuesday. Sian (JIC Co-Owner)

Deepti said...

That image is adorable, I love the bunch of red and black flowers, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Katelyn said...

Cute card, I love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational this week.
Artsy-Arts

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Sue said...

Your embossed background looks amazing. Lovely colouring on your cute image! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Glenda Atkins said...

I too love the embossed background and your colouring is wonderful, lovely card!
hugs
Glenda

Anna Rogalska said...

Such a wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Asha said...

Isn't he just adorable... Pickles, I mean. You're right - it's perfect for movie night.
hugs, Asha

Kerri said...

great card..thks for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine..DT Kerri