Friday, June 27, 2014

All Dressed Up...

     This is the second card I've done with one of the new June digis released over at Beary Wishes.  I love this gorgeous dress and think it could be used for so many occasions -- wedding, prom, New Year's Eve, a special birthday, anniversary... the possibilities are endless.  :-D


I took my sketch and colors from Digi Sketch Challenge.


     The image is colored with what's turning into a favorite of mine, a combination of ProMarkers and chalks, this time with a bit of sparkle on the ruffles.  The frame is cut with dies from Spellbinders and the pearl swirls are from my stash.  I made the flower from punched mulberry paper (blue) and gathered 1/4" ribbon (white.)

     Challenges:
Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe
Chalk n Stock
Corrosive Challenge
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Ladybug Crafts Ink
My Craft Creations
Paper Nest Dolls
Scrapper's Delight
Sisterhood of Crafters

     Whew, what a busy week this has been!  Still, I've managed to post every day and you just have to believe me when I say that means there have been some late nights and early mornings.  Today is no exception but I will be home early this afternoon and have nothing else on my plate until tomorrow evening.  Maybe I'll find time to visit all those blogs I've been missing and check out what all of you have been doing.  I know there's lots of inspiration out there and I don't want to miss any of it. :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card love the colour combination you have used. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty creation Connie! That blue really pops against the black! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. how pretty your formal dress is, Connie! Love your blue and white theme with that stark black in contrast, making it look very formal. Those layers are amazing together! Very pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful dress and beautiful card to go right along with it!! Very elegant looking too.
    It does sound like you're staying busy....but they always say that staying busy keeps us young!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is stunning Connie, I love the dies and the beautiful dress. The embellishments are gorgeous too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking contrasting colors and the image is a knockout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a stunning colour combination and a lovely image.
    Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at LCI.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, the image is gorgeous and you've made a very pretty card using it. The blues are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Striking colour combo & perfect for many occasions as you've so rightly said!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a great color combination...who doesn't love turquoise and black??? Thanks for playing along with Paper Nest Dolls. Heidi PND DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful NanaConnie, love this design and the image with your colouring is quite striking!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Pretty Thank you for joining us at PND. All the best of wishes Sharon x (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.