Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Princess, a Frog, and Flowers

     I have two DT cards to share with you today, and while I rarely do cards from two different DTs in the same post, it just seemed like a good idea today.  :-D

     This first one is from Deedee's Digis and I've used an  image from the "Forget Me Not" set.


     Any of you who know me or who follow my blog must know by now how much I love my "Framing" die sets from Spellbinders.  What you won't believe is that I've never used anything from this set before even though I've had it for well over 6 months.  Somehow it got put away in the dies cabinet and I just continued to overlook it.  I guess I'll have to enter this card into the NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge over at Darnell's blog.

     The double butterfly is done with die cuts and the large forget-me-not is printed and fussy cut, then popped up on a dimensional dot.

     Challenges for this card:
2 Sisters
Allsorts
Crafting at the Weekend
Inkspirational

     Here's the second card with an image from Doodle Garden.  I love this little princess with her not-quite-a-prince frog!


     I made this card for a long-distance friend of mine who was telling me a story about her son (age 6) and daughter (age 8) and a frog they caught near the pond by their house.  The kids were so excited about catching the frog, they had to bring it straight to mommy.  Her son was just excited about having new pet for the summer and wanted to make sure they could keep it.  However, her daughter had other plans.  "Kiss him, Mommy, and make him a prince!"   Her son immediately objected (at the top of his lungs), preferring to have his pet remain a frog.

     Of course, we have to factor in to this story that her daughter is absolutely convinced that when she grows up she can become a "princess," as though that's every bit as much a 'profession' as a teacher or nurse. lol  Anyway, on the inside of the card, the sentiment reads "... it's a frog, not a prince!"

     Challenges for this card:
Color Me Creative
Crafting from the Heart
Cutie Pie
Ditzie Digi Designs 
Kitty Bee Designs
Melonheadz Friends
One Stitch at a Time
Sentimental Sundays

     I hope you've enjoyed both of these cards and the princess story.  You only have a few more days to enter the challenges at Deedee's Digis (Sunday) and Doodle Garden (Monday) so get started if you haven't entered already.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two gorgeous cards love them both. Alison xx

Donna Hanley said...

I did enjoy seeing both of these darling card, but that story is just precious. You can not make these things up. Little children are really something to behold. Have a fantastic day, Connie.

Benzi said...

Beautiful cards, Connie. I guess you have too many crafting goodies as you overlooked this wonderful frame. We all do, don't we? :-)

Oh, I love the princess/frog story. Too cute. I wonder if Mom kissed that frog...yuck. HAHAHA

JD/ Jill said...

You've made two pretty cards!

jimlynn said...

Connie, both are so pretty! Love the frame work on that first card and no, you've never used that one before.
The second card - priceless story and so cute! Love the card and that sentiment.
If all I have to do is kiss a frog I'm going frog hunting tonight! LOL!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Two gorgeous cards and beautiful layout, embellishments and colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your cards are sweet and lovely, Connie! As a lover of frogs myself, I'm partial to that second one and am siding with your grandson! Cute story! Grandchildren are just the best part of life!!

Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge! I really appreciate the support!! I don't even want to confess how many of these frame dies I have in my die storage that are NBUS!! Sigh. Thank you for the inspiration!

Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love both your cards! Excellent coloring and what a funny story you shared regarding the princess with a frog card. Your friend will absolutely adore your princess card. Have a great weekend!

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely pretty card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Challenge cheers Sue N x

Josephine said...

These are gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Shell B. said...

Simply wonderful cards, great images!
Glad you joined us for the challenge at One Stitch At A Time, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT ~

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards , thank you for sharing at Allsorts and Cutie Pies and good luck x Susan x

cm said...

Two lovely cards! Your first, with the pretty vase of flowers, nestled in the eye-catching frame, is especially wonderful. And the butterfly...oh my, such a perfect special touch! Thank you for joining at Inkspirational Challenges!
~c

Margaret said...

Gorgeous cards. I love that frame die cut. Mine do not seem to cut that well. :( I don't think I'd be able to hold a frog long enough to kiss it. ;) Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck! Maggie, DT

caroline said...

2 gorgeous cards, thank you for joining us at crafting from the heart. Good luck
Caroline dt

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two wonderful cards- wow- the frame on the first card is just beautiful! Love the die cut butterfly accent and that pretty flower too. Oh, there is your purple- and oh of life were that simple- just kiss a frog......

Joann Burton said...

Love that frame on your first card. And I love the story of the second card. Both are just wonderful. Hugs, joann

verybellemakes said...

Such a lovely colour scheme, great pearl flourish too! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Dawn Lancaster said...

Two gorgeous creations this time!
They are both lovely & the colours are great!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Joey said...

Awww she is a super cute princess, thanks for joining us at ditzie digi design. Joey x

Emily Thubbron said...

Nana, your cards are fantastic. Love the princess and that sentiment is perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us at Melonheadz Friends "For Kids" challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

Glenda Atkins said...

Two fabulous cards, both coloured so wonderfully!
hugs
Glenda

Julie said...

Fab cards - such a cute story, children have such funny ideas!

Thanks for sharing with us at Kitty Bee Designs!

Julie

Taunya Butler said...

Great cards with awesome coloring and creative details! Way to go!!