Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Embrace the Dream !

     A card using my favorite purples and lots of flower embellies.  Those of you who follow my blog regularly can fall over from shock right now since it's also a shaped card -- something I make so rarely as to be a complete surprise.  :-D  The image, called "Penny with Butterflies," was a freebie from the FB page of Stampin' with the Dragon.  Isn't it precious?


     I forgot to photograph the inside sentiment but it says "Embrace the Dream."  I colored the image with my favorite ProMarkers and added velvet glitter to the fairy's wings and the butterflies.  I die cut the image, and used a large circle die to cut the card base shape, then shaved off the bottom to keep it from rocking.

     The flowers are all from my stash and the little lilac bow is one of those I make myself and then throw in my stash to have them at just the right time.

     Challenges:
A Little Bit Crafty -- Flower Power
Crafting Musketeers -- Anything but square
Craftitude -- Use a die
Dies R Us -- May flowers
Inkspirational -- Bloom!
Jellypark Friends -- Bold & bright
Oddball Art -- Girly and glam
Paper Creator's Crafts -- Flowers and bows
Polkadoodles -- Things with wings
STAMPlorations -- Stamps & flowers

     That's it for me today and unless something changes, I probably won't have a post tomorrow.  The schedule is getting really busy and I need to focus some attention on things other than crafting for a bit.  I may not get around to visiting all of you right away so be patient with me.  I'll be back before you know it.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This image is adorable and of course I love the purple. Pretty shades on the flowers. I don't make shaped cards very often either. Don't worry about visiting, we all have things to do other than blogging at times. I have been terrible lately myself, like anything outside. LOL Enjoy your day, NC.

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning and oh my my favourite colour too ;) Loving the cheeky little fairy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Connie this is such a sweet design (and my favorite color too! lol). Thanks so much for playing in our ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Team Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

jimlynn said...

A shaped card!!! Yikes! I thought I was in the wrong place - BUT, love, love, love it!! So pretty in all the purples and love the design too. Fantastic card.
Lynn

Avril Ann said...

Another fabulous make NC, brilliant image so cute, and so very well coloured, hugs hun xxx

inkydoodlecrafts said...

That image is super cute, love all the different shades of purple. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends for our bold and bright challenge. Mel :o)

Alicia Borowski said...

Super cute image. I love your use of the embossing folder too. Thanks for joining us for our May Flowers challenge.

Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Debi said...

Really fun image. The coloring is great. I'm not on FB. Do you get many images there? I might have to sign up. I don't do shaped cards much either. What made you so daring today? Hugs, Debi

Marina said...

Great circle shape and lovely purple flowers. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet little card in one of my fave colours!Lvely as ever NanaC!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

cm said...

Hi Connie. First, can I just say I love your blog header cat photo. Priceless! Your card is absolutely lovely in every way - colours, images, shape - and the special touches - the velvet, sparkles and sweet bow - are fabulous! Thank you for sharing your bloom-inspired card with us at Inkspirational Challenges.
c

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 13: anything but square, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card - love the fabulous image. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles for our Things with Wings challenge.

maria f. said...

Those purple flowers sure caught my eye. And what a sweet little bow - fabulous that you can make those yourself. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

Joann Burton said...

This is beautiful Connie. I love that cute dragon and the fairy is adorable. Hugs, joann

Colette said...

Very pretty card,one of my fave colours, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Jackie Scott said...

Such a stunning card, so dainty with the tiny butterflies and that tiny fairy all sparkly. Always love your small handmade bows. The circle card is perfect for your design with the embossing!

Serena Bee said...

lovely card, i love all the purple. Thanks for joining us over at Oddball Stamps Challenge!