Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Flower Child Birthday

     This card is for a friend who laments her "Aging Hippie" status each year as her birthday rolls around (between Christmas and New Year's.)  When I saw this new image from Lacy Sunshine, called "Willow," I just knew I had to use her for a birthday card.  Check out the sentiment which I know Sue will appreciate.  I can already see the big smile she'll have on her face.


I took a sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges (#182), turned on end & reversed.


     Don't the scruffy jeans and big flower in her hair give a 60s 'hippie' feel to her, despite the fairy wings?  She's colored with ProMarkers and I added a touch of glitter gel ink to her wings.  I used a set from Spellbinders to die cut the frame and for the flower branch.  I added pearls to the frame and the branch and felt that was enough embellishment.  This one will have to be mailed this year instead of hand delivered so keeping things to a minimum is better.

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations -- Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's -- Wings
Crafting from the Heart -- Anything goes
Cutie Pie -- For a special friend
Digi Makeover -- Swirls
DRS Designs -- Anything goes
Lacy Sunshine -- Celebrations (birthday)
Little Miss Muffet -- You've been framed
Love to Create -- Anything goes
Outlawz Monday Greeting Card -- Blue Hues
Paper Shelter -- Special birthday
Seize the Birthday -- Anything birthday goes
Stamp and Create -- Anything goes
Stamping Chef -- Anything goes
Word Play Saturday -- Fairy or angel
 
     It may be a couple of days without a post unless I get something done in the meantime but the holidays are calling, are right around the corner, and there's just too much to do.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

29 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fabulous image and papers.xxx

Donna Hanley said...

This is get a big laugh from your friend. I know I am still smiling. The perfect sentiment for this cute Hippie. I love that you have the die piece on a slight angle and added the gems to it. Love those gem flowers on the free. Have fun getting things ready for Christmas. I understand completely. I've had a hard time even getting in this craft room. I am much busier now then I ever was when I was working. Merry Christmas my friend.

Linda Simpson said...

Connie this is fabulous. I do love the image and the sentiment is fabulous. Your friend is going to love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

I have a good friend who is an "aging hippie"! Too fun.
Love your card Connie and that branch is so pretty with the cute little image.
Lynn

Benzi said...

That's the cutest hippie around, Connie. Your friend is sure to grin really big when she receives this card.

Gail said...

What a pretty card! Great image and her eyes are so beautiful and caught my attention right off. I love the colors of this card and your diecuts are perfect for this project. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge and hope to see you again next time! Hugs, Gail

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun image and funny sentiment!! Brilliant coloring my friend! HUGS :)

Marie said...

I love your cute and sweet looking card. Love the sentiment. Really cool! Thanks for playing along in our birthday themed challenge over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Nancy said...

That's the cutest hippie Connie. Your friend is sure to going to love it when she receives this card. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Berni Cuttino said...

Apologies for not being around, it has been crazy here. Trying to make my rounds. You just took me back to Mama's and Papa's era, so cute, your friend will be ecstatic over this fun beauty.
Merry Christmas my friend
Hugs

Teresa Arsenault said...

Love the image and your colours are even retro. LOVE the sentiment.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Connie this is really nice. I love the little "hippie girl" lol. Great job Merry Christmas my friend...Hugz, joann

Wendy Fraser said...

Super card, great sentiment, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Image is adorable and the sentiment is cool and fun . Thanks for sharing on Artistic Inspirations

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining in on the DRS Thursday Challenge!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet little card, I just know your friend will love it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sarah said...

Hi there, awwww such a cute image and a great sentiment - I'm sure your friend will love it!

Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

Sarah

Ellie said...

What a sweet creation and beautiful sketch! Love it! And LOVE your header! So cute!!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and thanks so much for playing along in my fairy or angel word play saturday challenge!

Erin Bentley said...

Beautiful card, love the image, thank you for joining in with our 2nd challenge at Crafting From The Heart. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.

Hugs Erin (DT and Co Owner) x
https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftingfromtheheart

Debbie said...

Haha! What a sweet and fun card for your friend!!

Sharon Noble said...

Beautiful. I love your card Thank you so much for joining us at crafting from the heart. Hope to see you next time hugs Sharon ( DT) x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

very cute card!!! I'm sure that it will be enjoyed. Love the sparkle as well!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this fun image, and love the sentiment too- the flower in her hair is a fun accent! Darling image!

sammi said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Celebrations" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

Asha said...

LOL...just perfect for a Classic Flower Child! She'll love it!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card, great colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Merry Christmas & Happy new year and thank you for all your support joining in our challenges xx

Michelle said...

Very cute - I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for joining us at Love To Create for this weeks challenge.

Ruza Rebel said...

Adorable card! Awesome sentiment to go with your image!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Wishing you a blessed Holiday Season!
Ruza, LTC Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

theresa dickinson said...

adorable well done, goodluck in our challenge over on artistic inspirations x